Monday, July 12, 2010

Saturday: Day Two

Saturday we spent tubing down the local river. The plan was to have Kris and I stay behind the first time down with the babies and then we would switch with our husbands the second time down. Kris and I just hung out by the rivers edge waiting for the to come down.

After about 1:45 minutes we started wondering where they were. One couple came walking up. Their tubes had popped and they had to walk back to the shuttle. They said it was a little rough. We were worried seeing we had a group of six adults and seven children seven and under on the river. We waited patiently and they came lollygagging down the river about 45 minutes later. They all survived with just minor bumps and bruises. Only one pair of flip flops lost.



Unfortunately Scott had to take both girls on his tube the whole time. Any ideas on how to get the girls less scared of everything?

The kids had a good time. Their favorite part was watching their uncles and cousins on the rope swing part way down and going under the bridge. After the long adventure Kris and I volunteered to forgo our turn and we headed back to the cabin.

Boo was in charge of planning cousins club. (A daily activity for all the cousins.) The kids loved it! On Saturday they made fireworks out of pipe cleaners and then played a game of hot or cold. Here they are getting ready to see what the plan is.
And here is Grampa checking in.

2 comments:

ktizgrt said...

Thank you so much for posting. I am going to print all of the pictures and send them to Nana. I am so thankful that you have this great ability.....XXXOOOO

Betsy said...

I love it...keep them coming