Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just an update

I know that you all have been just dying because I haven't posted any pictures of the girls in a while. :) It's getting warmer here now and the girls are loving it!
Kate is getting big. She is now into dress up like her older sister. I thought she might be more of a tom boy but I am starting to question that. She brought me both the tutu and the necklace to put on her. She is starting to dance a ton and has mastered the twirl which she practices whenever she has the chance.
Her new favorite toy is her rock. No matter where I hide it in our backyard she seems to find it and then carries it around the rest of the afternoon. Or until I find her trying to eat it and it gets hidden again. Maybe I should just throw it away huh.
The rock isn't the only thing going in her mouth. It's basically anything she can find. She seems to think chalk is candy too because every time I turn around she has it in her mouth.She is starting to pick up a lot more words. It's exciting that she can start to communicate. She is getting big fast!

Ella and Kate are really playing together pretty well now. Especially when they are outside together.
Ella's personality is just developing more every day. A sister in our ward has been giving us some of her daughters old clothes and Ella absolutely loves it. On Sunday she gave us this Halloween costume. Ella has been wearing it pretty much since then. She told me she looks like Cinderelly in it??? She put on the sunglasses the other day though and laid down. I asked her what she was doing and she told me tanning. I'm not quite sure where she got that from...
This is Ella cleaning the porch... like Cinderelly. Noticing a theme?

They are both growing up so much and we can't wait for all the fun we will have this summer. We kick it off in the Keys in a couple of weeks. Ella is counting down the days till the beach EAGERLY like the rest of us!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

cute pictures...I'm excited for the day when my boys can play together...right now Harrison just tries real hard to play with Benjamin...and doesn't get why the little one's not into catch:)

THE BROWN FAMILY said...

Hazen and I are looking at friends blogs and its so sad. Your girls crack me up.

kosure said...

1) Regardless of whether or not people think it's vain: post as many pictures of the fam. as you can. I've got all the time in the world, and people who poo poo it can (gasp) not come to the blog.

2) I think you should keep the rock. Kate might appreciate the momento when she's older. She'll certainly like the story anyway.

3) Take advantage of the Cinderella-fetish. I've never understood the concept of a "toy" broom, or other cleaning instruments. Give her a sponge and some natural, non-toxic cleaner, and set her to work on the bathtub. Just like Cinderella. This is not a joke.

Magic Marker said...

What cute pictures! I love the picture with Ella and Kate looking at each other with the fence and yard in the background:) I think Kate looks like you.

tiki_lady said...

Great pics of the girls! they are so cute!!