Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Big Snowstorm

This was a picture taken about a week ago. We were enjoying the outdoors on a nice spring day. Fast forward a week or so and here we are. This is what it looked like when we got home Sunday night. We ended up with around 5 inches.
When it does actually snow here we wake up in the morning and it is pretty much gone. For sure it's gone by noon. Not so much this time. This is how we woke up...So we went outside and enjoyed it. Unfortunately it rained three inches right before it snowed so underneath the snow was pure mud!


It is now Wednesday and we still have snow in parts of the yard. Everything else is definitely mud. The good news. This weekend is supposed to be in the upper 70's. Beautiful.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so glad that you don't have any 'yellow snow' to worry about in your yard. Or else I would be more concerned about Kate eating the snow ;)

The Boring Family said...

It's been nice to see everyone else get snow this winter! We haven't had much in Denver and it's actually been really nice! I've loved our 75 degree weather all week! Yay for the sunshine!

Magic Marker said...

I love your picture with the tree and the sunlight shining through. You should enter it in a photo contest:) We got a ton of snow yesterday again, but it's mostly gone today. I envy you getting in the 70s..

James and Kista said...

Yeah! We are finally having the same weather! I am so glad that Ella and Kate got to see how fun it is to play in inches of snow instead of a dusting of snow!

Tiffany and hers said...

Beautiful pics!