We had a great time visiting with Bryn. Unfortunately we had to bring her back home at some point. Early Friday morning I packed up the car with the four kids. We made our first stop around 8AM, about four hours into the 12 hour trip. I got all the kids out of the car and almost into the gas station to go to the bathroom when Kate starting telling me her tummy hurt. She threw up promptly all over the welcome mat to the gas station. I ushered them all outside to sit on a bench in front of the car as I went to get some wipes or something. It was all over her clothes. Mind you I am carrying Jane in my arms at the time who happened to be poopy. I got Kate wiped up good enough and we all got up to go back into the gas station. As she stood up I noticed she had peed threw her diaper and clothes all over the bench. I figured at this point I better keep going. The older girls and I went to the bathroom. We got back to the car. I changed Kate's clothes and then Jane's poopy diaper and her clothes. I then went to get all the girls into their car seats when I realized Kate's was super wet, of course. We had 8 hours left in the car. I grabbed a swim towel to soak it up the best that I could and then strapped her in. At that point I just wanted to get there. Luckily the trip only got better from there, Bryn was a super big help and we made pretty good time. Plus I knew Scott was flying in for the return trip so I knew I wouldn't have to do that again!
We had a great time in Florida though. Kristen and her family have a really nice pool and spa in their lanai. The kids went swimming at least once a day almost everyday that we were there. The girls LOVED spending time with their cousins and their Auntie Kris and Uncle Braden.
Some of their favorite things included:
Bowling in the entryway,
Keeping Jane company,
2 comments:
I love the pictures. The crazy faces are so funny. I miss all of you!
My favorite are the hats...looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment