It has been raining here in Charlotte a lot lately. Good for Charlotte's 15 inch drought, bad for a mom with a newborn and cabin fever. I decided to make Ella a little tub of rice to play in like a sand box. She absolutely loved it and was much, much neater then I expected.

Ella has her cast off as you can see from the last picture. She just has a brace now. The doctor said it is healing well but since she falls so much (being a toddler) it just needs to be protected a little while longer.
The only problem with that is that not only do I get weird looks because my almost two year old has a cast/brace on her arm but right now her forehead looks like this...
Can you see between the eyes. It's hard to capture the full effect on camera but she looks even more beat up. Gotta love the toddler years.Most of you know we have been having a couple of rough weeks with Kate. We have been trying to figure out if she has colic or what exactly is going on. The middle of this week though things took a big turn for the better. Here is a picture of her just hanging out for like the first time ever! Yeah!
I should mention she is just in a diaper because she had the biggest blow out ever. It went through her clothes and my clothes and a blanket. And of course while I was changing her Ella was running away with her clean diaper and wipes! As Kris reminded me today, Being a mom is so glamorous. Today I decided to try some new arts and crafts with Ella. She LOVED it! I had her pick out pictures she liked in a magazine. I ripped them out and then she glued and placed them on the paper all by herself. I made her stop after three collages. I don't want to wear out a good thing!
Here are the three collages:
This one just happened to include her favorite things : shoes, balls, hats, diapers, eyes, trains, dogs, and ... a snowman?

The last things I have to do is say how much a love the Boy Scout Store. I had to go there this week to buy pine wood derby cars for Scott's Elders Quorum no rules pine wood derby. (Actually the only rule now is "The Scott Marker Rule" imposed after last year. More about that later). Anyways... I was met at the door by the cashier who held the door while I lugged in Ella and Kate. He asked what I needed and picked it up and had it all rung up by the time I got there. That's what I call service...
5 comments:
What a great idea with the collage. I think we will try that this afternoon. I just need to dig the magazines out of the trash, I dumped them this morning.
Great post...if you wait long enough you have tons of things to talk about!!!
those boyscouts...so prepared
Looks like you're keeping busy. I don't know if I trust Morgan with glue yet...I think we'll stick to the crayons, but that's a great idea I'll have to find the courage to try sometime!
Hey Jess that's a great idea with collages. Way to go! We're going to try that this week.
Post a Comment