Monday, May 19, 2008

Life is Good

Things have been a little crazy in our house with a nasty cold that has gone to all of us. We are still recovering but doing much better. The weather is beautiful here right now. Not to humid and around 80 degrees. It doesn't get better then that. Too bad it can't last all summer!
Nine days until Ella turns two. Where has all the time gone? Scott and I have been into teaching her games lately. She loves to play Duck, Duck, Goose, tag, and hide and go seek. She is speaking so much better as of late. She is actually starting to use the words she knows, in sentences even, instead of throwing tantrums. Too bad that only started like yesterday. Who knows if it will last. She is so proud of the words she knows though and loves to point out words she can say. When I was getting her ready for church yesterday she didn't want to get her diaper changed. (Yes I know, I should probably start potty training her. Anyways...) After a second though she came over to me and laid down and said "I sorry Mommy". The first time ever without being prompted. It's amazing how when you are just about to lose it they can do the sweetest things...

Ella doing water colors.

Ella showing off our chalk drawings. And yes, we still have the Lumina. Ugg.


Oobleck anyone?
Kate is doing great too. She loves to be in her jumper. She of course doesn't have the jumping down but loves to spin the rattle things and bat at the objects hanging in front of her. She also enjoys being on her tummy. This is good seeing every time I lay her down she rolls over that way. She is beginning to get into a routine though. It's nice since it's been so long coming. She is super smiley though and laughs easily and often.







After church with her faux hawk. Curly hair can be cute or crazy. My girls tend to have the crazy. Especially in the beginning.
We are loving our two little girls... Life is good.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Cute pictures....they get so big so fast!

Courtney said...

Too cute! What is the gunk stuff that Ella is playing with, it looks like fun?

Magic Marker said...

They are so adorable. I love Kate's dark, dark hair, and Ella is almost 2! That is crazy, I remember when she was born:)