Saturday, July 4, 2009

Visit to Grammie and Grampa's

A month or two ago I got a crazy idea in my head that I would just take a little drive with the girls and visit my mom in Louisianna for a week and a half. We haven't spend a ton of time together lately. Scott could stay and work and catch up on some things he had been wanting to. You know golf, basketball, volleyball, the important stuff. Anyways, I then realized that it would be just the girls and I for a 14 hour car trip. At this point I had already told myself I was going so I started planning.
I planned on leaving at 3 in the morning and making the trip. I figured that I could get some good sleep before I went and then I would be fine. I went to bed at 7 and work up at 11, wide awake. So off I went. It actually wasn't too bad. We had a great time once we got there.
The weather was really hot. I am talking 116 and humid. Good thing the girls were up bright and early everyday so that we could spend some time outside. Every morning we woke up, had breakfast and then went for a walk/ bike ride. Then came back and colored with chalk. This was usually done by 7:30 in the morning which was good. By this point it was usually in the mid 90's.Just keeping it real. This is how the girls usually played with the chalk...

Occasionally we got outside after 7:30 AM. We played at some playgrounds...And we went to the zoo...


Other than that we played in the pool...
With our stylish Grammie...
Played hairdresser...
And snuggled with Grampa...
and Sassle.
We had a great time. Ella is already asking when we are going back.

No comments: