Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ella turns 5!

Ella started off her fifth birthday by waiting patiently in bed for her breakfast to be served. Cinnamon rolls, eggs, and strawberries. Grandma and Grandpa Marker were visiting so it was extra special.

We ended up going to Brattonsville. The girls enjoyed seeing the old plantation. They loved the animals and learning all about cotton.

They even got to play with toys that kids would have back then.

The girls had fun at the plantation but I think the highlight of the trip was going to McDonalds for lunch. (Sad I know.)

That night we had some friends over and had cake and ice cream. Ella decided she wanted a castle cake two days before her birthday. This was the best mom could do. Luckily Grandma and Grandpa Marker brought everything to make homemade root beer ice cream to jazz it up. It was delicious.
Notice she is holding her hair back to it doesn't catch on fire like Kate's did on her birthday.
This was the inside of the cake.
My friend Shyann did this for cupcakes for I think St.Patrick's day. I copied. It didn't turn out quite as well in a cake pan.

Then Ella opened presents. This is she and Kate checking out the new doll from Grammie.


No comments: