Okay, so Scott is at the Charlotte Bobcat's game tonight and I am bored. Which is why I will have posted twice in the same night. I swear I have a life. There has been some request for more info on the wrap...
It's super easy. Six yards of fabric cut in half lengthwise. (It needs to be at least 20" wide) Depending on the fabric you get you don't have to hem it. I did. The best fabric to use is fleece, cotton jersey, or gauze. Mine is pretty much gauze. The less stretchy the better for bigger kids. Supposedly you can carry kids up to four years of age or so. I carried Ella (30 lbs) for over a half hour while being eight and a half months pregnant and didn't feel it at all. It distributes weight well. My friend Lori and I cut the fabric in half and both have one.
There are a ton of different carries to try. With Ella I did the outward facing, the hiking one, and a side hip carry. She loved them all. There are also some great carries to do with newborns I am excited to try. You can even use it to nurse. We shall see. You can do the wrapping all by yourself. You usually wrap first and then put the baby in. The exception is the back wrap but Ella is old enough to just hang out for a minute. Instructions can be found at www.mobywrap.com.
Alright, Scott is home and my 14 year old neighbor just rang the door bell. What?? It's 10:30pm and I already asked him to knock not ring the doorbell once tonight! Okay, his mom thinks she's in labor and their phone is turned off. Guess I'm the jerk...
1 comment:
Jes...I'm tagging you to answer the questions on my blog!
Post a Comment