Friday, August 7, 2009

Holden Beach

We just got back from Scott's family vacation at Holden Beach. It's a sort of reunion Scott's parents put together every three years to get the 8 siblings and all the grandkids in one spot. It's a crazy but fun time. This time there were 8 siblings all married and 19 grandchildren with two on the way. Ella and Kate had so much fun playing with all of their cousins. There are I think 7 cousins within a year and a half of Ella.
I didn't get many pictures of the beach. The kids loved the water when the tide went out. They weren't too sure of the waves. Ella did prefer playing in the soft sand to anything though. These are pictures I took during one of our early walks on the beach.

Uncle Brian and Aunt Janice put together a little pirate party for the kids. They did a scavenger hunt, races, made pirate hats, a pinata and a tug of war. As you can see we have some teaching to do. Ella didn't quite get the tug of war!


Ella with some of her close cousins.
One night we went minature golfing. Scott loved it. The girls loved throwing their balls in the hole each time.
Kate had more fun riding the animals.

All in all we had a great trip. We all came home exhausted but happy.

3 comments:

Magic Marker said...

I love your pictures! It was great to see you guys and to be able to spend so much time with you:)

James and Kista said...

I am so glad that we shared a beach house! Thanks so much for driving the extra hundred miles to come to Landon's blessing. I know that you were exhausted. Had so much fun with you guys and your girls!

ktizgrt said...

It looks like you had a great time. What fun to have so many close cousins!