Friday, August 22, 2008

Catching Up and the Visit

Betsy and Harrison just came for a couple of days to visit. I ended up picking them up in Atlanta where Kate and I got to meet Dave for lunch (Ella stayed with her great friend Taylor and his super nice mom, Lori). It was nice to see Dave even if it was for a short time. We had a great time with Auntie Boo and Harrison though! The kids played in the wading pool one day in the back yard.

Harrison wasn't like this the whole time I just love his cry look. His whole face just scrunches up.
Ella blowing bubbles...
Just lounging...Kate getting in on the mix.

After the pool we tested out doing some bubbles. I think this was the favorite activity of the week.The next day we met up with my friend Lori, and the girls friends Taylor and Brayden. We went to the Anne Close Greenway. There was a little river the kids played in. It was a little rocky but they enjoyed it.

I couldn't decide which picture i liked better so you get them both...

We sadly brought Auntie Boo and Harrison to the airport this morning. There were 60 open seats so hopefully they got a whole row to themselves to stretch out. The kids all got a little sick this week and so we have decided to rest and recooperate today. Seeing we won't be leaving the house I decided the girls could look a little crazy... You can't really see her socks but the zebra print is great.

These are Ella's favorite pants, she doesn't quite get that they are pajamas.
And she told me what she wanted for her hairdo.



This is my most favorite thrift store find (of the week). She loves this puzzle and can do it pretty much by herself.
Before Betsy and Harrison got here Ella was trying her had at spray painting. She loves spray bottles so I figured this was a great way for her to get it out of her system. The paints weren't quite strong enough. Next time I might try mixing in dry tempra paint. She did this forever though...

The final product.
Random pictures of Kate...

That pretty much sums up the last week or so.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

looks like you guys had fun. i can't wait until all the cousins are just a little bit older....they'll all play together so well. (and bryn will tell them all what to do!!)